Before deciding on a Miami plastic surgeon to do your breast augmentation, it is important to do extensive research so you know which doctor is right for you. You may want to speak with several different plastic surgeons before making your decision. Chances are, you have a ton of questions in regards to the procedure itself, but there is so much more to plastic surgery and your plastic surgeon than the results.
Dr. Wigoda shares some of the most important questions you should be asking your breast augmentation surgeon. By asking questions and carefully researching each plastic surgeon you may be interested in, you can ensure a successful operation. In the opinion of a board-certified plastic surgeon in Miami, Florida, you shouldn’t leave your breast augmentation consultation without asking, at least, the following five questions.
- Are you a member of the American Board of Plastic Surgery? It is important to know what qualifies your Miami plastic surgeon to perform your painless breast implant procedure. Surgeons certified by the ABPS are trained specifically in plastic surgery; they adhere to a strict code of ethics and fulfill continuing educational requirements.
- How many breast augmentations have you performed? Aside from knowing the surgeon’s credentials, it is important to ask how many breast augmentations they have performed. It is common that a plastic surgeon is very skilled in other areas of plastic surgery, such as a facelift or liposuction, but they may not be the best choice for a breast augmentation or painless breast implant procedure in Miami. Choose an experienced surgeon who specializes in exactly what you are looking for.
- Can I see some photos of your work? Most Miami plastic surgeons have their work showcased in a gallery on their website, or in a book in their office. If they cannot provide you with a portfolio or gallery, or tablet with the before and after photos pulled up on their website, do not enlist in that surgeon’s services. Not being able to show you numerous examples is a red flag that they are not experienced.
- Where will you perform my procedure? You need to know if your procedure will be performed in a hospital, office, or ambulatory facility. If your Miami plastic surgeon has hospital privileges, this means they are permitted to use hospital facilities to perform their procedures. Hospitals check credentials, so if the doctor is unable to perform breast augmentation surgery in a hospital, that may be a red flag and should steer you away from choosing that specific surgeon. However, if the surgery is performed in an office, you must make sure that the facility is accredited. Being accredited means that they have passed strict safety guidelines. A lot of plastic surgeons have their own facility, which is completely fine if it is accredited. You should be able to ask to tour the facility if this is the case.
- What will my recovery be like? Your surgeon should have specific information for you regarding when you should return to work and regular exercise. Some surgeries take longer than others, so ask your Miami plastic surgeon how long it will take you to heal from a painless breast implant procedure. They should be able to inform you of everything you need to comfortably recover from surgery.
For a truly painless breast implant procedure, contact Dr. Wigoda today for a free consultation. Dr. Wigoda is a board certified plastic surgeon in Miami and Fort Lauderdale who is licensed and accredited to handle your breast augmentation. Dr. Wigoda has an extensive track record, and even celebrity clientele who’s before and after photos and videos you can request to see. Contact Dr. Wigoda today for more information.